First of all, let me wish you a wonderful and successful 2009. We continue to see change all around - hence do expect that your life will probably see elements of change, too. Change is great once we have completed it but a tough nut to swallow while you are in the middle of it. Regardless of how worried you might be and how negative things appear around you, stay firm in your believe that at the end of this you will be OK.
Even for the most positive person, it is hard to ignore the drama around us. A shooting over Christmas, a Ponzi scheme from an investment firm that serviced many charities and now someone who stages his own death to avoid facing the mess he is in. But then I came across Larry Flynt asking congress to bail out the porn industry. In internet terms I was ROTFL (rolling on the floor laughing). Today the news say that the banks want more money and who knows who else is going to ask for a bailout next? We must make an effort, like Larry to see the humor in the drama and believe it will all get better soon.
As a result I thought I'd come up with a few bailout ideas for Women Who Want It All. The below listed thoughts will bail you out from your own negative thinking. Your bailout comes from one person alone - YOU. Here are your thoughts for 2009:
- Change begins with you alone. Do what you can today.
- Focus on what you can check off your list today not everything you still haven't done.
- Any progress regardless how small it may be - is still progress.
- Celebrate your victories, irrespective of how big or small. Depending on your budget give yourself a free reward such as going for a long walk, cut out an hour early or stop for your favorite ice cream or if your budget permits, a new outfit.
- Make a conscious attempt right now to think about what you are grateful for and say 'thank you' for what you have.
- Remember to enjoy this moment which is what John Travolta says we must do as we never know - it could be the last one like this.
- Believe that things will get better every day until you have what you want.
Know that I appreciate you very much. I thank my friends from twitter, Facebook and this blog for your support.