Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Pig? Lipstick?

I am mad. I am very upset about Mr. Obama, a male chauvinist who deems it necessary to bash a woman with a despicable low-blow. I am not a Republican but I am loosing my democratic tendencies if this is not going to stop.

Stay with the issues Mr. Obama. You already blew it for me when you had your thing with Hillary. You will not win any female voters unless you clean up your act. And a lipstick should not be one of them. While I thought Mrs. Palin’s speech was so-so that part was quite good.

Time to take a breath now. One of my talks is about women being catty and why we have to stop doing that. The reason is simple. We must stand up for each other. We are powerful, opinionated and may I say beautifully perfect women and unless we don’t say that this type of commenting is not tolerated we will continue to allow others to put us down.

In essence if you cannot say it to someone's face, don't say it. If you think you shouldn't say it, you are probably right. If you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all.

Obama's people called and wanted to tell me about the truth of so-and-so. I told the poor guy that I was not interested in what others said or did as I can check that myself but rather want to hear what Mr. Obama has to say. Please do not call me until there is a message.

What does it mean for women who want it all? Be respectful even if you do not agree with the message. No low blows and no Schadenfreude when someone gets hurt. Be outraged if one of us who is paving the way for our daughters gets run over by too much ambition.

No comments: