Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Happiness Soldiers

“Well-behaved women rarely make history.”
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

We are the first generation of women happiness soldiers. We march in the front row and claim what is rightfully ours and we want to be content in the process. We demand equality in body, mind and spirit. And think about how much we have already accomplished! What great inspiring women can we see marching ahead of us? Oprah who showed us that all you need is compassion and a first name to built an empire. Hillary Clinton who refuses anyone to tell her what do to even if it is the entire Democratic party. I love that, if I ever get to meet her, I have a feeling we will get along just fine. What about Madeleine Albright, Barbara Boxer and German Chancellor Alexandra Merkel? There so many strong women who have paved the way for us. Some do it quietly in our communities and some more openly. Unfortunately they are not given the same attributes that men are given for achieving the same. A men is tough and a good negotiator. A women is trying too hard, unfeminine and perhaps a b…... I don’t care, I have not cared what others think of me for a while and I don’t want you to care either. Do what must be done and as we push forward and pave the road from a single lane road into a four lane freeway for our daughters we will succeed in the end, together.

No comments: